The 1Malaysia Student Discount Card, sometimes known as the kad siswa or the KADS1M, was established by the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Ministry (KPDNKK) with the objective to help alleviate the expenses of students in institutions of higher learning (IPT) public and private sectors across the country. It is meant for students, any student really, studying at a public or private university.
What is Kad Siswa or KADS1M?
Believe it or not, KADS1M is a multipurpose card, some might refer it to a 3-in-1 card. The KADS1M functions include:
- A Debit Card
- An ATM Card
- A Discount Card
Discounts and Offer using Kad Diskaun Siswa 1Malaysia (KADS1M)
Many people are looking for an updated version of the list of Discounts and Offer using Kad Diskaun Siswa 1Malaysia. So, here is the updated list of some of the main players who provide great deals if you show your Kad Siswa to them.
Updated: 18th December 2017
- Desa Water Park: 15% Discount on Ticket
- Bukit Merah Laketown Resort: 10% discount for waterpark, water eco & waterpark combo
- The Lost World of Tambun: 10% discount on up to 6 entrance tickets per card
- i-City: Free 10 points with RM50 i-Card
- Clara International Beauty: 10% discount
KLIA Transit: 30% discount on one-way ticket Malaysia Airline System (MAS): 10% to 25% discount on Economy market fares, additional 10kg baggage allowance, parent to get 10% discount from applicable Economy market fares to parents of student for Induction and Graduation ceremoniesYou will no longer find this in Kad Siswa promotion. Malaysia Airlines FireFly: 50% discounts on Y class fare, 20kg complimentary checked baggage, complimentary refreshment on board
- Rapid KL: Student RapidPass 50% discount for bus 33% discount for bus, LRT and Monorail
A&W: 50% discount on regular and large root beers Daily Fresh: 10% discount (till 31 December 2016 only)
- KFC: 5% discount for transaction below RM20
- Little Taiwan: 10% discount on minimum RM30 purchase from ala carte menu
- Marrybrown: 10% discount on total amount in a single receipt
- Station One Cafe: 5% discount (Taipan USJ, Subang Jaya Branch Only)
- The Chicken Rice Shop: Special Student Meal @ RM 17.50nett (Valid till 31 December 2017)
- Focus Point: Valid for frames and sunglasses discounted at 30% and below of the Retail Selling Price
- Optical 88: 5% to 10% discount
Kinokuniya Book Stores: 10% discount on normal price book
- Koperasi Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka Malaysia Berhad: 5% – 15% discount
- MPH Bookstores:
10% discount on normal price book and stationery
- Times Bookstore: 10% discount on normal-priced books,
5% discount on stationery and magazines
- Metro Driving Academy: RM200 Discount for New Driving -License Class B2 (Motorcycle below 250cc) and D (Car)
- Mydin: Special price on selected non-food items
- Read more…
Feel free to comment below if you would like to ask or share other discounts and offer using the Kad Siswa.
Kad Diskaun Siswa 1Malaysia (KADS1M) to replace Book Vouchers from February 2017
On February 2017, the Government has scrapped the book voucher scheme for tertiary students as it has apparently been misused for years. In its place will be the beefed-up Kad Diskaun Siswa 1Malaysia (KADS1M), which is being marketed by the Domestic Trade, Cooperatives, and Consumerism Ministry through Bank Rakyat.
“KADS1M, which is a debit card preloaded with RM250, can be used to buy books, computer accessories and academic/learning equipment,” said Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh after launching the upgraded product at Universiti Malaya. Idris said the card, first launched in 2012, would enable students to receive discounts when making purchases at participating vendors. The Higher Education Ministry said the aim was to curb the misuse of book vouchers, as many students sold off the vouchers for quick cash in the past.
Who is eligible to apply?
The requirements are:
- Malaysian citizen
- Enrolled in a recognised programme at any public/private institution that lasts at least 1 year and up (certificates, diplomas, degrees or higher)
Where to apply?
Applications for KADS1M is now open at www.bankrakyat.com.my/bppt,
Where to check for the application status?
The status of the applications will be made known through e-mail, or you can check online at Bank Rakyat online portal.
Where to collect your card?
The students can collect the card from Bank Rakyat branches.
For more details, students can look up KADS1M at http://kadsiswa.1pengguna.com/kads1m/
Visit 1Pengguna.com for the most complete and updated list of all discount offers by the participating merchants.
Are you looking for an online business opportunity in Malaysia? Follow us!